Week Four Results:
Did I write all five days for two hours? YES
Word count for the week = 3093 words
- I didn’t increase from last week’s word count, but I’m okay with that because this week was rough at work. Report card time makes me want to pull my hair out.
- I did a better job of balancing my writing and reading time this week. I finished TWO books, and I am thus a much happier person. (Finished books were Liesl and Po and Cinder. Look for my review of Cinder tomorrow!)
- I’m writing a bunch of random scenes right now. Nothing is in order. I don’t know if I’ll hate myself later when I have to pull things together, but I’m learning about each character as I hop around. At some point I’ll probably need to make some scene cards and start arranging things and figuring out what I need to write to fill in holes. I’m kind of likening my creative process to how they do movies. Don’t they not film the scenes in order? And sometimes go back and re-film? And then edit everything together. Yeah. That’s what I’m doing.
- Writing creepy scenes, about ghosts, at night… FREAKS ME OUT. I don’t read horror books. That’s the one genre I stay away from. And these will be nice ghosts, but they’re still DEAD PEOPLE. And even if I know they aren’t real (since they’re from my head), I’m still getting freaked out. Come on Winter, hurry up and be over so I have some daylight in which to write in… and then don’t get scared.
- I just wrote a scene with multiple mentions of the word pink and lots of butterflies. It kind of makes me want to hurl at the girliness of it. I’m so not a pink and butterflies person. Where did this come from? And the bigger question being… will I keep it? Is there a way to make butterflies less girly? If I mention proboscis and antennae… will that help?
Anyone else write scenes out of order?
Anyone else scared of ghosts?
Anyone else scared of pink and butterflies?
And a big “woo hoo!” for keeping my resolution through the whole month of January!!!