Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
For more information about Top Ten Tuesday and a list of upcoming Top Ten Tuesday topics, click here.
This Week’s Topic:
Top Ten Books on My To-Read List (Winter 2015)
I fell short of my reading goals for 2014, so I have a lot of catching up to do! These are the books at the top of my list. All book titles link to Goodreads.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- I read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks this summer and loved it. A hardback of We Were Liars is on my bookshelf, calling my name.
- The Unwind series by Neal Schusterman- My mom and brother are urging me to finish this series. They LOVE it. I really enjoyed the first book, but it’s been well over 5 years since I’ve read it. I’ll need to do a re-read before tackling Unwholly, UnSouled, and Undivided.
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier- I discovered this book at a new local indie bookstore called Greenrow Books. If you’re in Maryland, you should totally check them out! I’ll be teaching Poe soon, and this Victorian ghost story boasted a Poe-type vibe.
- Maggie Stiefvater- There was a point where I had read everything Maggie had published. I’ve since fallen way behind, despite my desire to devour everything she writes. I’ve started Scorpio Races three times but have never finished. Sinner, Dream Thieves, and Blue Lily, Lily Blue are all on my to-read list as well.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen- This book has tons of buzz, and my mom read it already and passed it on to me after she really enjoyed it.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins- Sometimes I need humor in my life, and I can trust Rachel Hawkins to make me laugh! I loved her Hex Hall series, and I want to check out her latest novel, too!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this series, and I feel so late to the party! Really, really want to read this one!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate- I am normally so much better about reading the Newbery winners. This one keeps escaping me, and I really must make time to read it. I need to read more middle grade this year because I’m running out of books to recommend to my students!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- Another series that I keep hearing wonderful things about! I bought this ages ago and really must finally pick it up!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers- This series intimidates me because the books are sooooo long. But it’s another series that people rave about, and I shouldn’t let the book’s weight deter me any longer!
What books are on your to-read list this winter? Please share!
Good luck with your goal! There are some great books here! I think NIGHT GARDENER might get a Newbery nod, and possibly a look at the Printz for WE WERE LIARS? UNWIND has one of THE creepiest scenes I’ve read in YA!!! You’re braver than me…I won’t read the Rave Cycle until the final book is out. THOSE CLIFFHANGERS!!! I’m so excited to re-read TEARLING and then read the sequel! I’m also looking forward to the sequel for REBEL BELLE. Ahhh, and THRONE OF GLASS, SHADOW AND BONE, and GRAVE MERCY are all so great! I hope you love them all! You have some GREAT reading ahead!
For my TBR this winter…hmm, I’d really like to read the first two books in Melissa de la Cruz’s series on a snowy day!! And FAIREST next week!
That’s cool that your family has read Unwind–that’s a series I need to get to reading as well. The premise was just so intriguing to me!
I do wish you all the best with We Were Liars. I seem to be part of the minority who had a strong dislike for it haha.
joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts
I’m behind on a lot of series. I’ve decided to try and catch up this year though. I’ve read all the (currently out) books in The Lunar Chronicles and I’m currently reading Laini Taylor’s trilogy (loving the first one, Daughter of Smoke and Bone). I need to read more by Maggie S too!