Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
For more information about Top Ten Tuesday and a list of upcoming Top Ten Tuesday topics, click here.
This Week’s Topic:
Top Ten Books on My To-Read List (Winter 2015)
I fell short of my reading goals for 2014, so I have a lot of catching up to do! These are the books at the top of my list. All book titles link to Goodreads.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- I read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks this summer and loved it. A hardback of We Were Liars is on my bookshelf, calling my name.
- The Unwind series by Neal Schusterman- My mom and brother are urging me to finish this series. They LOVE it. I really enjoyed the first book, but it’s been well over 5 years since I’ve read it. I’ll need to do a re-read before tackling Unwholly, UnSouled, and Undivided.
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier- I discovered this book at a new local indie bookstore called Greenrow Books. If you’re in Maryland, you should totally check them out! I’ll be teaching Poe soon, and this Victorian ghost story boasted a Poe-type vibe.
- Maggie Stiefvater- There was a point where I had read everything Maggie had published. I’ve since fallen way behind, despite my desire to devour everything she writes. I’ve started Scorpio Races three times but have never finished. Sinner, Dream Thieves, and Blue Lily, Lily Blue are all on my to-read list as well.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen- This book has tons of buzz, and my mom read it already and passed it on to me after she really enjoyed it.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins- Sometimes I need humor in my life, and I can trust Rachel Hawkins to make me laugh! I loved her Hex Hall series, and I want to check out her latest novel, too!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this series, and I feel so late to the party! Really, really want to read this one!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate- I am normally so much better about reading the Newbery winners. This one keeps escaping me, and I really must make time to read it. I need to read more middle grade this year because I’m running out of books to recommend to my students!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- Another series that I keep hearing wonderful things about! I bought this ages ago and really must finally pick it up!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers- This series intimidates me because the books are sooooo long. But it’s another series that people rave about, and I shouldn’t let the book’s weight deter me any longer!
What books are on your to-read list this winter? Please share!