Life has been getting in the way of the more important things in life. My more important things are reading and writing.
- Returning to my home that was abandoned for 8 weeks
- An earthquake
- Hurricane Irene
- Two power outages
- The beginning of a school year that included more meetings and technology issues than any other start of year EVER
Between the largest earthquake the East Coast has seen in 100 years and a hurricane that did billions of dollars in damage and closed schools throughout Maryland. Between replacing the entire contents of my refrigerator… TWICE. And negotiating new traffic patterns around downed wires and trees. And then getting organized for a new school year with a record breaking number of students… (We don’t have enough lockers for our current enrollment.)
I’ve been BUSY.
So on this Labor Day weekend, I’m going to make some time to do the labor I love. My main goals:
- Finish the last book in Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies series.
- Do some writing exercises from LeGuin’s Steering the Craft
- Make a 3000 word dent in one of my manuscripts
Other things that may interfere with my main goals:
- Online class coursework
- Lesson Planning
- Grocery shopping
We’ll see how this weekend goes. Here’s to hoping it’s a CALM one.